Friday, January 9, 2009

PayingPost.com




As you know, I’m always looking for new ways to make money online, partially on this blog, partially with advertising, partially with selling things online, and soon, through websites. I do have many thousands of dollars to raise after all! Yesterday as a result of surfing around for ‘How to make your blog popular’, I came across a site called “Payingpost”. It’s new (and apparently has an updated new layout), and it actually looks like a really good idea! And no, I’m not just saying that because they’ll be paying me for blogging occasionally from now on. Someone else had recommended it as a way to make some ‘easy’ money online, but not by jumping through dozens of hoops like you have to do for say, paid surveys (which I’ve never actually been paid for by the way. Hmn.)

I’d vaguely heard whisperings of this sort of thing on the grapevine, but never really paid that much attention to it. I’m not entirely sure why. I think I just thought ‘pay per post’ and thought of it from an Admin point of view- like people were paying their forum members to post on their forums. I thought that was probably a reckless thing to do from an Admin perspective, and I’d never seen it happen on forums, so, I didn’t think much more of it.

But that’s not what it is at all!

What it is, is a way for advertisers (of companies, websites, products, whatever really) to pay bloggers to mention them, or feature them, on their blog. Bloggers get a lot of views, and they write about things so individually. The advertisers can choose what level of content they require from the blogger, and also how much they are willing to pay.

When you sign up and get approved, you go to the “Open Opportunities” page, and reserve the blogging opportunity you want. You then have six hours to write it and post the link to the entry up, or you lose your reservation. It seems pretty easy so far.

The idea is, bloggers like writing. So why not get paid to do what they like to do anyway? I’m definitely up for that.

How does it help the blogger? Well, we get paid. $5, $20, whatever the advertiser decides to pay you- (The payments are via paypal) and you only take the offers you’re willing to do. If you’re talking about a product, your blog would come up in searches for that product as well.

My ethics on it: I’m not going to write about things I completely disagree with just for the money. That’s a choice you can make with PayingPost- it’s entirely up to you.

This site is also going to help me, because I want to sign up as an advertiser as well. I’d happily pay people to blog about my friend and my websites that are coming up!

So, if you’re reading this blog to find out a) how I’m going to make additional money, b) how I’m going to advertise my websites c) how you can make money… PayingPost seems like a good option.


advertise on blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails