Thursday, December 4, 2008

Helping Someone This Christmas

Obviously I do 'have' to say "oo! Help us! Help us!" in this post, but if you just get inspired by it, I hope whoever you do help is worthy!

I've been feeling a little disillusioned about Christmas lately. It's a very quiet day- my family only has six people in it, and one of them goes overseas every second year. This year is one of them. I need to do something different. Originally I was vaguely hoping that My Friend might be in the country, but he's of course having to go home, and probably would have gone home for Christmas anyway. Years back, I would have been upset if something 'different' happened at Christmas, like someone else randomly being there, ruining my routine. Now, the routine needs improving.
It'll be something I can do once My Friend leaves- I'll have plenty of time to make decorations, or plan to cook.

One thing that I've wanted to do, is to do something to do with a charity. Not on the actual day. This year, my charity is obviously my friend. He's not a starving orphan, but he is broke. :P

I found this site the other day.

1 comment:

  1. You are so nice to help this soul out!!!
    I would love to help ya .... but I am currently sitting in the dark myself ... all I can do is laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails