If you want people to comment more on your blog...
1. Put the comment form at the end of your posts. Never have it where it pops up, or where to verify it pops up and reloads the page.
2. Allow anonymous comments. People stumble upon blogs often, yet are not members of blogger. Make it easy for them to comment!
3. Allow people to post using a name and url. People like to promote themselves, and again, may not have a blogger, or don't want to log in right now.
4. Get rid of the verification captcha, if you're not one of those hugely popular blogs anyway who get thousands of comments a day. Then make it so that comments on entries over a week old are moderated- those are the ones more likely to be hit by spammers. Verifications take time, and many people just can't be bothered.
5. Post about things that people care about or could have an opinion on.
6. Comment on other people's blogs.
7. Get genuine followers. Don't participate in 'follow for follow' deals- you want people who are actually interested in you.
This blog was originally created to document my trying to help out my best friend in his endeavours to get back to Australia.
It now talks about the websites we work on together, my life, the books I read, student teaching, Australia in general, and anything else I can think of.
He and I drink tea together. I'm going to miss it a lot.
Want to ask me a question about Australia or teaching? Feel free to comment and ask!