Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Decade!















In this time of New Year, I hope that you are happy and safe, and have plans to improve your life for the next year, if you are happy and safe or not.

Last night I reconnected with some of my old friends, and I had a fantastic night over at a friend's house, playing pool, dangling our feet in the spa, eating, playing boardgames and wii, and playing with sparklers and bubble blowing and the dog. It was warm, and we were in tshirts, bare feet and half of us in board shorts. We saw my friend's ultrasound images. We ate a home made icecream cake. Our night was simple and wonderful. We didn't see fireworks. We didn't get drunk. We didn't go out to some huge party. We didn't dress up. We did have a great time, and though we do like fireworks, we also just like being ourselves.

I've not had time to think about my resolutions yet, but I am resolved that this year will be full of adventures and development and achievements. I had a great 2009, learning many new things, finding a boyfriend, going back to university, getting over (more or less) depression and anxiety and perhaps a silly thing, but I've had a great time with my websites. I often freak out about all the things I didn't manage to do in a year, but this year I feel quite contented, even though there's that niggle that maybe I could have done more.

What are your New Year's thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Chiara - and to your blog visitors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, no resolutions for me.
    Only thing I'd like to get done is to pass my final examination in May.
    Everything else comes as it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the start of 2000 pretty well. I slept for a couple of hours before midnight so I would'nt be tired staying up later ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails