Friday, November 28, 2008

Sausage Sizzle

Ah, the good old Aussie Sausage Sizzle Fundraiser!

For those of you who are not Australian, you may not know what this is.

A definition from Urban Dictionary (scarily, number 4 on the list, after stuff about having too many guys in a room... obviously the contributors to Urban Dictionary are not Australian, as we'd know straight away which definition we meant!)

4)A bbq, usually for fundraising purposes, at which cheap sausages are cooked and sold in bread for around $1.50

Barbecue, people. Barbecue. Or Barbie. Not bbq. blah.

Anyway! They're really popular at universities. Students always want cheap sausages. Delicious when starving between lectures! When a group of people did it for a club fundraiser I was at, they got quite a few hundred dollars profit in only a few hours.

And some of my other friends last night offered to help me sell sausages at a sausage sizzle for my English Friend.

It'll have to wait until next year, when I'm a student again, and uni's open, but... aw, how nice! And it could be a nice little boost for funds! Especially if I do it a few times! Plus, it's not much effort.
And maybe I could have a donations box, or sell some other things too at the same time. Or would that just piss people off?

1 comment:

  1. hi chiara,
    thanks for coming over to my blog. the link you left... is it like a forum?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails